Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Brother, My Sister and Me

My sister sent me her recent pics from the US. Gosh! Parang nakikita ko resemblance namin!



Hahaha!Ngayon ko lang aamiin, but I can say that she looks good or should I say better. Even though ngarag sa work, I bet mas marami siyang time and resources to enjoy life more, which she actually deserves. Good thing she realizes that now, kahit mejo late.

Growing up in a brood of 3, and being a middle child,was difficult. I must admit, I think middle child syndrome does exist. I have been trying to deny this fact for I know I had no problems being one. But looking back the years when I was in grade school till high school, I saw the bigger picture.

Of course I don't want to rant on these things here for I know that my parents never intended me to feel alone. Right now, if somebody would ask me if i had a happy childhood, I would gladly say YES.Buti na lang siguro our age gap is so close (1-2 yrs) so when we were kids and even when we grew up, we had almost the same perspectives in life. I can't say that the three of us are close. We do talk about our work including the pressures and the good things about it. Social affairs, wala masyado. Or maybe there really has nothing to talk about. Personality wise, Im totally different from my ate. Maybe this is what God wants us to be kasi our differences complements each other.

If I were to describe us, I can say that my sister is the typical good daughter--good grades, no vices, successful job,--- in short, no criminal background. I am the semi-good but loving daughter--- good grades din, adventurous, risky,lukaret at bakla. Si brother naman ay ang rebelde---passing grades, pasaway, pahirap, responsible na ngayon at spoiled. I can't blame my younger brother kasi sha ang bunso. More so, only guy. Unlike me, he gets new stuff while I get hand me downs from my sister. Buti na lang when we grow up, nag iba na ang body shape namin so I get to have my own clothes.

When we started working and living apart from each other, I felt that our relationship became much stronger. We're closer in terms of our personal lives. We update and call each other. More than that, we learned to appreciate one another more. We support each other's decisions and also ask and give advices. These are the things we don't normally or often do back at home. If only our dad is watching us, (I bet he is), I know he'll be very proud of us.

Time and distance may be hard for us, but I know, by keeping the communication and the love and bond, we can surpass anything. Emails and pictures also help.



Three of US, on our way back to Manila

No comments: