Sunday, January 09, 2011

Christmas 2010 Part 1

And my much awaited holiday of 2010 is over. Whew! That was fast!! Can't believe I've done so many things for that 2 weeks away from the office. Can't believe I'm back here in Cambodia and nursing myself with colds and fever. Can't believe I'm writing this first blog entry of 2011 :)

Now, what really happened in that past 2 weeks? What Karen??? People, especia
lly my mom, said that I pushed myself too much. But I would just defend myself by saying "I'm on vacation here and what should I do??" Honestly, I have to keep myself busy even if that means just walking, window shopping, cleaning the house or just simply going up and down the stairs :) But seriously, what really happened?

Arrived Dec 17, 4am at Terminal 2. Together with other OFWs from different countries, I was ecstatic to be home. Not only to spend Christmas in Manila, but to spend it with family, and I meant my w
hole family. While waiting on my luggage, lo and behold, Mr. Piolo Pascual suddenly came out from the men's restroom! Am I just dreaming?? This early?? NO!! It was really him!! Someone even shouted at him saying " Hi Piolo!" and he just gave a sweet smile. That's it!! He really is the ultimate leading man of any woman (if I may say). I really thank the Lord for that flight. It was indeed a good sign that I will have a great vacation.

Got my luggage and saw my brother, sister and mom waiting at the arrival area!! Y
EY!! Just in time as we left the airport, we headed to a church (Our Lady of Airways, i think--) for the 2nd night of Simbang Gabi. Too bad, there's no puto bumbong or bibingka after the mass. So , we ended up buying breakfast at Jollibee!! WooohoO!!

After a happy breakfast, I have to start packing for my "beachy" trip with the 98s!! Around past 7, I left the house to meet Iggy, Ola and Rosie at McDonald's in Alabang Town Center. Took the bus a
nd in 20 mins, I am with my girlfriends!! We waited for our driver, Evan who came from Cavite. After which, we went to Paseo Sta Rosa to meet Karl and Jao.

Here we are at Starbucks--my first decent coffee of the day

Ola, me, Karl, Jao and Evan

Iggy, Karl, Ola, Rosie, Evan, Jao and me in Tagaytay where we had lunch



and after 2 hours, hello Stilts!!


early dinner with Tonet and Frank who just arrived


and what better way to end the day but with a "bukanegan"

That same night, got a text from my mom if I can leave early for the dress fitting for my cousin's wedding. Apparently, I don't have a choice and good thing, my dear friend Evan is leaving at 4am for a friend's wedding. So we both sneaked out of the place at exactly 4am and I arrived home at 6:30. Slept for 3 more hours and woke up just in time for lunch, same time when my nephew and brother arrived.

No comments: